Monday, April 15, 2013

Grandma Frances

My grandmother (which is my mom's mother) was like my own mother. She raised me from the time I was a baby up until Rick and I were married. She acutally lived with us for a little over a year after we were married. I was a grandma's baby. No matter where grandma went I was there beside her. I was like her shadow. Back in 2004 I lost my grandmother to Emphysema. I was devasted. I miss her so much. Rick Rick was able to meet her and spend a lot of time with her but he doesn't remember a lot about her. Caiden never met her. I wish so bad that she was still here but I know that she is not suffering anymore and that her life now is far better than anything she would have here on Earth. This past Friday was her birthday. Caiden and I took some flowers and a balloon to her grave. He actually wanted to get her a birthday card but then I told him she wouldn't be able to get it because she is in Heaven but that she is really happy that he wanted to get her a card. I took a picture as we sang Happy Birthday to her. Caiden was worried about the "Sugar Ants" as he called them. : ) It was nice to remember the woman that played such a monumental role in my life and the person I have become.

Grandma I love you so much and I miss you dearly but I will see you again some day.