Monday, October 5, 2015

Telling My Story--Big Day Recap

This past Friday (10/2/15)I had a really awesome day. I was able to speak to high school students and share my life story three different times. My husband was there to support me through two of those opportunities and it was a really exhilarating, rewarding, exciting time for me to use what has gone wrong in my life to show other people how you can overcome all of the bad and turn it into good. After the first class was over with I knew instantly that I had done what God had asked me to do. I had a young lady there that I touched a chord with and she just cried the entire time during my speech. I just wanted to give her such a big hug and afterwards I was able to talk with her and I hope that this will turn into a friendship that we can have so that I can hopefully be a good influence in her life and maybe help her one day do the same for someone else. Before I went to speak on Friday I talked with God and told him that He had given me these opportunities and now I needed him to fill me with what he would have me say, what he wanted me to do, and for me to touch somebody. And he did just what I asked him to do. Friday he did that about five or ten times. Those high school students were very attentive and just eager to hear my story and so many of them came up to me afterwards and talked with me and cried and I just know that I did what God sent me there to do. After talking with the program coordinator hopefully this will lead to me being involved in the program and helping other high school students who are struggling be able to get through their struggles and be successful in their life. I had the best day on Friday and I could have not asked for that day to turn out any better than it did. I thank God for all of the struggles that he has given me, for all the strength that he has given me, and for all of the opportunities that he has put forth for me so that I can share my story and be a living example that NO MATTER what happened to you, YOU CAN OVERCOME it as long as you stay determined and use your resources to the best of your ability to overcome anything that stands in your way. I hope that the 12 For Life students were inspired by my story to continue to fight for the best life for themselves. Never settle because you always deserve better...