Tuesday, August 16, 2016

To an Abuser

This post is for all the women and children who have been or continue to be abused by someone. You the abuser are a coward. You like to make others feel less than you. You like to control how others feel and you want to be the "macho" person whether you are a woman or man. It makes no difference in gender. Both can be abusers. I was abused as a child and I saw my mom, grandmother, sisters, cousins, etc be abused. I saw the women in my life turn to men who did not deserve them. I saw my mom choose men over her children countless times and that ultimately cost her, her children. I became the protector and tried to help my mom and protect my sisters. Once you see abuse it is forever burned in your memory and one scent, one word, one touch, one picture, one person can bring all those emotions flooding back. To the abuser you have got to stop. You ruin lives. You steal the innocence from children and you cause them to fear people. To the abuser you cause catastrophic chaos that leads to depression, that leads to abuse from the victim to others, that leads to a never ending cycle until someone is brave enough to stop it. To the abuser you may get you way in this world which is so unfortunate but God is the creator of all things and he will make you answer for your wrong doing. I am so fortunate to have a loving, caring, encouraging husband, who also was witness to abuse and made the decision to not follow the same track. I saw my mom be destroyed by her abusers and internally we were destroyed along with her. Til this day when i see her abusers walking around it causes me pain, anxiety, stress, anger, resentment, etc. I know these people still have a hold of me in that instant and that angers me more. I am a strong person but when you hurt someone I love I take it personally and it remains with me forever. To the abuser you will not win. You are not strong you are weak. You any not courageous you are scared. You are not a man. You will not win this ultimate fight. For the one who sees all, knows all, and creates all will have the last word and for that I find strength. To the victims I pray for you to see the other side od fhe track and choose to be the barrier in the cycle of abuse. I pray for you to seek God so you can be strong and stop the cycle. I have a heart for helping people...guess I learned that at an early age and it has stayed with me since. I will continue to speak out for what is right and for what I believe in. Abuse is wrong no matter who you are, what you look like, what your religion is, etc. Abuse is abuse. See it, stop it, stand up for what is right