Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 21


Day 21

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I am so thankful for this day. Today we get to remember and recognize a very smart, strong-willed, determined, and respectful man who recognized right from wrong and stood up for what he believed in no matter what others thought. I am so thankful that he among many others fought to have freedom for all. If it were not for Martin Luther King Jr. and many others I probably would not be here today. I am bi-racial. My mom is white and my dad is black. If it were not for people like Martin Luther King Jr. my mom and dad would have never been allowed to be together. If it were not for these people our nation would still be divided worse than we are today. My boys would not be allowed to attend school with their friends. Instead of teaching our children about equality we would be teaching them how to defend themselves from remarks and hatred that may fall upon them. I am so thankful that Martin Luther King Jr. was the outstanding man he was that paved the way for us to live our lives the way we choose in today’s time.