Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 47 of 365 Days of Thanks

February 16

Today I am thankful for my mother. Those of you who know me well know that my mother is in a nursing home. February 5th was her 44th birthday. She is confined to the nursing home due to extensive brain damage that was caused due to extensive drug abuse. Today I went and sat with my mother and just visited with her. I do this as much as I can and I like to take the boys with me; however, it is getting tougher because they get bored easily and that don't fully understand what is wrong and why grandma can't do things. I love being able to spend time with her one on one. My mother-in-law watched the boys so I could visit with my mom alone. We laughed and talked and watched tv shows. It was just a good time being able to make her laugh. I am thankful that she is still here and can still talk to me. She may not understand fully what she is saying but it is great to know that I can understand her and make her laugh. Even though she is in this situation she is still my mom and I am thankful that she gave me life.