Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 48 of 365 Days of Thanks

February 17th

Today I am thankful for 4 year olds. Today I watched the 4year old and 3 year olds at our church. A friend and I were in the room with about 10, 3 and 4 year olds. At first it is a little overwhelming when you enter the room because for the next hour and half these children are in your care and you are wondering what are we going to do to keep them happy. When Rick is with me he gets all the boys to race cars or make pirate hats or he has even played airplane with all the kids and swung them up in the air until he couldn't lift his arms anymore. Since he wasn't with me yesterday (he had to work) I went in thinking maybe we will color or play with the blocks. The kids pretty much entertained us the whole time. Well the girls did, the boys were too focused on watching Caiden play the video game on my phone. The girls dressed up as princesses and played with the dolls, they colored every page we had in the room, and then they told us all kinds of stories. They are just hilarious. I was invited to 3 different lunches by the girls. The boys could care less as long as they got to watch the game. It was fun watching Caiden step into his dad's footsteps and involve the boys in what he was doing. He was a big help yesterday and he didn't even know he was doing anything. :) Thanks Caiden for being mommy's helper in disguise.