Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 12 of 365 Days of Thanks

January 12th

Today was my first meeting for Circle of West Georgia. I was asked to be a board member for this organization. I was so surprised and honored to be asked to do this. I gladly accepts the position. This organizations mission is to permanently move people out of poverty. I wish this program existed when I was growing up. There are so many people who are in poverty and want to get out but dont know how to do it. This program is the answer. It takes people already established in the community and uses their talents to mentor and guide people out of poverty. It is building circles of relationships that create a supportive learning environment for people in poverty. This program gives the help, guidance, and support people need to get out of poverty. I am so excited to be a part of this organization. I love to give back and this will help me do that in ways I haven't imagined before. For more information about Circles of West Georgia go to www.circlesofwestgeorgia.com

I am officially a board member now.