Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 3 of 365 Days of Thanks

Ok I have not fell off the band wagon I just haven't had time to post anything. I will catch you all up later as to why I haven't had any extra time. It's super exciting.....

January 3rd

Today I am thankful for all the blessings our Lord Jesus Christ has given our family. We are so blessed. I am not referring only to material things I am referring to everything in general. The Lord has belssed me with everything I hoped for as a child. I have a home, food, clothes, a car, a job, income, knowledge, a good support system, loving family, and so on. I am belssed way more than alot of people are and I was reminded of this today. Our Sunday School class completed an outreach the Sunday before Christmas and we supplied food and giftcards to homeless families staying in a hotel not far from our church. We were able to provide hope for these families that otherwise may not have had hope. Well in this endeavor we met a young couple who is staying in the hotel the woman is 8 months pregnant, lost her job recently and the husband has been unable to find a job. They don't have any family around to help. They were very thankful for the food. This family called us and were about to be evicted today (Jan 3rd) because they did not have money to pay for the room. God blessed us so that we may bless them. I can't imagine being pregnant and having to bring your child home to a hotel room. I hope that we can continue to build a relationship with this family and bless them like so many others did for us. Our hope is that we can continue to bless others and in turn they will pass belssings on to others when they can. Thank you God for always watching over us and providing for us and helping and showing us how to provide for others.